So you have made the decision to become a professional speaker. You are ready to tell your story, motivate others, and speak on stages across the world. And you are making the investments to help you build your platform and become the speaker you desire.
As you make the transition from amateur to professional speaker, you will want to position yourself as an expert. To successfully do this there are certain things you must have in place.
- A Website. Your website is your digital home and will be the place you direct traffic to. It is also the place where event organizers and audiences will go to learn more about you.
- A Professional Bio. This will explain who you are, what you do, and who you serve. It will also gives a glimpse into your story and tells why an audience should listen to you.
- One Sheet. This is a quick summary of who you are, speaking topics, and contact information. Your one sheet can be the difference between booked or getting denied an opportunity.
- Elevator Pitch. This is nothing more than a quick 30-60 second introduction. This will be the answer you give when attending networking events and are asked, “Who are you and what do you do?”
- A Signature Speech or two. Having a signature speech helps you to stay ready for any speaking opportunities. It also helps you to have a story to pull from and build your speech around when adjusting for new audiences.
Now you cannot throw these three things together and expect to go from zero speaking gigs to being fully booked.
Each of these components must be written with care. The language used needs to be clear, speak to your authority, and resonate with your audience.
You need to sit down, take your time, and write all three with your goals in mind. Now it is understandable if your plate is full and you don’t have time to write them yourself. This is when you raise your hand and ask for hep.
It is better to admit you need help instead of sitting down and doing nothing. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to position yourself as an expert and gain more speaking gigs.
Book a complimentary consultation today at bit.ly/talktotandee